Friday 5 July 2013

#JuneOnFire Blogilates Review

I've been following the blogilates workout calendars for over four months now, so I thought I'd give a little review of the June calendar.



Last month it really seems that Cassey (creator of blogilates) put a lot more emphasis on cardio. This was probably partly due to the fact that a lot of POPsters including Cassey were taking part in a Diet Bet game, in which they aimed to loose 4% of their weight. I didn't partake because I'm at a good weight and if anything, I hope to gain some weight in muscle!

Anyways, in the previous months most workouts started out with 1 or 2 cardio videos, followed by targeted workouts. The days of the week would be split into specific muscle groups, Mondays: Abs, Tuesdays: Lower Body, Wednesday: Arms etc. But with the June calendar there were specific days marked 'Cardio', that would make you sweat!

At first I was a little bit negative towards them, mainly because they really pushed me. The cardio days were filled with HIIT workouts, including the infamous 100 Burpee Burnout challenge. These days killed me, but they really taught me to push my limits, and I saw real improvement in my fitness level which is what it's all about :)

I've now started the July calendar and these targeted cardio days remain on the calendar, and I'm so glad! They are hard, they make me sweat more than I've ever sweat in my life, sometimes they make me want to quit, but at the end of the day they bring fast results and make me feel amazing once I'm done!

Well I just wanted to write down some of my ideas and reactions towards the calendar, so hopefully some of you get inspired to start as well! Or not, do what you want :)




No comments:

Post a Comment